Vertech has deployed our full suite of capabilities encompassing all project requirements through the successful delivery of 8 campaigns, over 6 years without s single recordable incident. This project includes program and project management, engineering, marine class inspections & liaison, advanced NDT corrosion mapping, asset deployed ROVs, welding, fabrication, maintenance, confined space entry & rescue capabilities, heat stress management and BA entries.
RTM Life Extension Project
Scope of Work
Vertech to provided office resources to carry out the work outlined in ‘2020 and 2021 Inspection and Refurbishment Scope of Work and the deliverables reports. The 5 yearly special Class survey required the inspection of all internal compartments of the Riser Column, any uninspected Compartments from the Vertech 2020 campaign shall be inspected under this scope of work. This work was required to remove the following ABS Conditions of Class:
- 1684.2 - Compartment #09 - J-Tube to Deck J 2 x Defects.
- VER-51970-RS-005 Anomaly Id.: OK-CP09-AN-002 Deck J, J Tube 5, fillet weld connection.
- VER-51970-RS -005 Anomaly Id.: OK-CP09-AN-004 Deck J, J Tube 8, fillet weld connection.
- 1722 - Riser Turret Compartment #09 J-Tube wastage.
- 1733 Riser Turret Compartment #09 - 3 x radial web frame defects.
- 1726 Riser Turret Compartment #08 - J-Tube Wastage.
- 1734 Riser Turret Compartment #11 - I-Tube Wastage.
- 1741 Riser Turret Compartment #13 - I-Tube Wastage.
Deliverables are as per document ‘2020 and 2021 Inspection and Refurbishment Scope of Work included:
- Define Project Resource Requirements.
- Safe Work Method Statements, Plans & Procedures.
- Final PEP, Budget & Schedule.
- Preparation of equipment and consumables required for execution.
- Develop all Inspection work packs to mitigate or extend any Conditions of Class.
- Develop required 5 Yearly Special Survey Inspection work packs.
- Develop all welding documentation.
- Vertech are to liaise directly with Class via email with Woodside.
- Welding documentation preparation and welder qualifications.
- Management of the onshore trials work scope.
- Ongoing Schedule management including updates and Progress Reporting.
- Development of all execution permitry.
- Safely execute the inspecitons of all identified inspection points as per Scope of work.
Fun facts from the life extension campaign include:
- 8,000-man hours of onshore planning.
- 1,500-man hours of onshore trials.
- 32,000-man hours of offshore execution.
- 454km climbed on ladders during the campaign.
- 3,000km walked to the RTM and back.
- 162 days of personnel on site.
- 140 days of high risk Confined Space Entry work.
- 8.5t Tones of PVC foam removed from RTM and back-loaded to shore.
- 20,000,000 litres of breathing air consumed.
- 0 HSE or environmental incidents.
RISING TO THE OCCASION | Vertech (vertechgroup.com.au)
Okha Refurbishment | Woodside (Woodside.com.au)
Speak to Vertech Group about Your Next Project
"*" indicates required fields