Vertech was engaged in completing a 100% structural inspection survey of an LNG loading jetty using specialist access systems. The inspection campaign included an initial GVI screening of the structural members, followed by a CVI/NDT inspection. The data collected was used to construct a targeted advanced NDT inspection scope which Vertech executed utilising Phased Array (wheel probe), LYFT (PEC) & TOFD corrosion mapping.
KGP LNG Berth 1 & 3 Inspection Campaigns
Berth 1 & 3 Scope Summary:
The scope of work was broken into two phases being early works and main works. Vertech proposed and implemented alternative access and rope access systems including Web decking, Engineered decking and encapsulation systems deployed by IRATA Rope access riggers, trades personnel to complete the work effectively without impacting access for vessels to the LNG berths. The project was a great success saving millions of dollars in comparison to other methodologies and historical approaches resetting the norms for these activities on the site.
- Core drilling and anchor setting over the side via Rope Access in preparation for installation of new Rope Rails on Berth 3 LPG jetty on 6 dolphins
- Soft Bolting Campaign and replace of anchors in preparation for removal/replacement of Rope Rails and fenders on Berth 3 LPG jetty as well as Soft Bolting Campaign of fenders on Berth 1 LNG jetty in tidal affected zones via rope access techniques
- 3D laser scanning of existing fender bolt patterns to verify newly fabricated fenders would be fit for purpose via rope access techniques.
- Rails, Concrete and steel remediation of existing dolphin mounting surfaces, Replacement/Installation of new emergency ladders on 4 x dolphins, involving interface with diving IC in tidal zones
- Full mechanical implementation contractor for removal/replacement of fenders via Jack up Barge. Including rigging Support to Jack Up Barge for Heavy lifts removing/installing fenders (lifts 15t and above)
- Installation of tie back rigging, Concrete and steel remediation of existing dolphin mounting surfaces, Hy-Torquing of new fender fixings via Rope Access techniques and Interfacing with diving contractor in tidal affected zones
Speak to Vertech Group about Your Next Project
"*" indicates required fields