Vertech began its engagement on the project, providing rope access team to perform quarantine inspections on modules arriving at Barrow Island from Asia. Our engagement quickly grew, as the capabilities of trade qualified rope access teams was seen firsthand. Vertech began undertaking mechanical, rigging and welding scopes to support Area Construction Managers deliver their workpacks. The cost and time savings of using Vertech became apparent when these work packs came back under budget.
Gorgon & Wheatstone LNG Plant Construction
Vertech’s engagement on the project has become very diverse, with our teams carrying out a full range on mechanical, welding, inspection, rigging and electrical scopes. Working closely with the principal contractor to develop innovative methods to implement efficiencies, and deliver technically challenging ‘out of the box’ solutions to unique challenges.
An example of these solutions was the retrospective cleaning and QA/QC of the header lines going into the MR and PR compressors. A borescope inspection revealed considerable amounts of debris in the lines from construction. Vertech were able to establish safe confined space access and retrieval systems to inspect and clear over 800 meters of pipework, with multiple bends, drops and junctions.
The knowledge gained and work practices used on the Gorgon project are directly transferable to Petrochemical and other downstream construction and maintenance.
- Mechanical and hydraulic fitting
- Flange management and facing services
- Steel erection and modification/Stick build
- Cold Cutting services
- Shipping and redundant steel removal
- Welding, Cutting and Grinding
- Structural rigging and installation
- Crane installation and operations
- Engineered lifting plans and solutions
- Preparation and Maintenance of Ex Equipment Register
- Maintenance of Ex Equipment and Ex Enclosures
- Implementation of Ex Strategies to Comply with Clients Maintenance Plan
- Cabling installation and cable management Systems
- Fire and Gas Cable and Detector Installations
- Coatings remediation and application
- Preservation wrapping
Large scale construction and upgrade projects, such as Gorgon, dedicate a substantial budget to traditional access systems. Unlike scaffold and EWPs, Vertech’s multi-skilled rope access teams can establish access to any area of the plant quickly, and perform the task using the same team.
The key innovation in Vertech’s approach is in the team make up. Combining time served tradesmen with rope access capability and experienced rope access supervision allows maximised efficiency and effectiveness in delivering the scope.
Speak to Vertech Group about Your Next Project
"*" indicates required fields