Job Role: Department Manager- Frontline Services
Time at Vertech: 1 Year and 5months
Your professional background and experience:
- Certified NDT Inspector since 2006 (Radiography, Ultrasound & Advanced NDT methods (TOFD & PAUT), ISO 9001 Qualified Lead Auditor, Weld inspection qualifications (AS1796) & about to undertake a Diploma in Project Management (Oil & Gas)
- NDT Technician in the field for first 10 years (Global sitework including pipelays, LNG plant construction offshore/onshore (UK, South China sea, Netherlands, N. West Shelf)
- NDT Supervisor for construction of LNG plant 2 years
- NDT Workshop Manager 2 years
- Project Manager for past 6 years
Key focus of your role: Uphold our values while engaging new and existing clients to ensure delivery of urgent and specialist Inspection & NDT services.
Business units you oversee: Frontline Services- Encompasses delivery of conventional Inspection techniques such as Rope access capable NDT & In-service Inspection, plus providing specialist proposals in testing, access, rigging, and liaising with our group of companies such as AUAV, Sonomatic, Geo’s etc)
What are you looking forward to in your new role?:
- Fast turnaround of solutions and mobilisation of skilled technicians to our customers while developing our business relationship to acquire long standing contracts and service agreements.
- Tell us something about yourself (Hobbies etc): Married for 17 years, 2 boys (10 & 13). On the weekend I like to head out with the fam to events and fun locations like the beach or lunches in Freo.
- Into my music and live concerts like Carl Cox, RHCP’s & Queens of the Stone Age (next Feb)
- Also enjoy just kicking back and watching the F1 over a weekend (Go Ricciardo!)
Congrats again to Rob for his promotion!